General Science Questions and Answers On Genetics: Dear candidate if you are searching Objective Questions On Genetics then you are in right place. Approximately all important Genetics Questions and Answer with PDF you can find here.
So don’t waste your more time let’s start. If you want then you can Download Genetics Questions Pdf immediately.
[PDF] General Science Questions and Answers On Genetics | GK Questions
1. Genetics deals with –
Ans: Inheritance as well as variation of characters from parents to offspring
2. Who was used the Genetics terms firstly?
Ans. W Bateson.
3. What is the meaning of “Inheritance” ?
Ans. The process by which characters are passed on from parents to progeny.
4. By which , each character is carried forward from parents to offspring ?
5. Who is known as “Father of Genetics” ?
Ans. Gregor Johann Mendel ( Austria).
6. Who was the inventor of “Law Of Inheritance In Living Organisms” ?
Ans. Gregor Johann Mendel.
7. Which are Mendel’s experimental materials ?
Ans. Pea Plant ( Scientific name Pisum Sativum) and selected seven pairs of specifics variations.
8. Who proposed “Law of independence assortment” ?
Ans. G. J. Mendel.
9. WB proposed “Law of segregation or purity of gametes” ?
Ans. G. J. Mendel.
10. According to which law Mendel proposed “Law of Dominance” ?
Ans. Mendel’s First Law.
11. According to which law Mendel proposed ” Law of Segregation” ?
Ans. Mendel’s Second Law.
12. The phenotype ratio of Dihybrid Cross obtained was-
13. The phenotype ratio of Monohybrid Cross obtained ?
14. The genotype ratio of Monohybrid Cross obtained was-
15. Example of Incomplete Dominant ?
Ans. Snapdragon ( Dog Flower, Antirrhinum majus), Four O’clock plant ( Mirabilis Jalapa).
16. Codominance happen in-
Ans. Human Blood ( Control by gene 1).
17. What is the name of 23 no. Chromosome ?
Ans. Sex Chromosomes.
18. XX-XY known as-
Ans. Heterogametic Male.
19. How many Autosomes has in human body ?
Ans. 22 pair.
20. What is happened, when change arises in a single base pair of DNA ?
Ans. Point Mutation (Ex. Sickle-cell anaemia).
21. Thalassemia is a-
Ans. Genetics disease.
22. Haemophilia is a-
Ans. Blood disease.
23. Thalassemia controlled by which type of gene ?
Ans. Autosomal gene.
24. The gene of Haemophilia disease form in which Chromosome ?
Ans. X chromosome.
25. If blood does not clot then this is the probability of which disease ?
26. Which is called “Rajokia Haemophilia” ?
Ans. Haemophilia A.
27. Which is called “Chrismas Disease” ?
Ans. Haemophilia B.
28. Who is the conductor of Haemophilia ?
29. One lady can not understand the difference between red and green colours. Why ?
Ans. Because she is colour blindness.
30. Which is called Protonopia ?
Ans. Red colour blindness.
31. Which is called Deuteranopia ?
Ans. Green colour blindness.
32. Which is called Tritanopia ?
Ans. Blue colour blindness.
33. Genetic Counseling is mandatory between two couple before marriage to prevent which disease ?
34. “Rolling Tongue” is a example of ?
35. Unit of Inheritance Factor ?