Indian City Nicknames | Nicknames of Important Indian Places
|Manchester of India||Ahmedabad|
|City of seven islands||Mumbai|
|Queen of Arabian sea||Cochin|
|Garden City of India||Bangalore|
|Silicon valley of India||Bangalore|
|Electronic city of India||Bangalore|
|Gateway of India||Mumbai|
|City of festivals||Madurai|
|City of buildings||Kolkata|
|Egg bowls of Asia||Andhra Pradesh|
|Soya region||Madhya Pradesh|
|Manchester of the South||Coimbator|
|City of Nawabs||Lucknow|
|Venice of the east||Cochin|
|Sorrow of Bengal||Damodar river|
|Sorrow of Bihar||Kosi river|
|Queen of the Mountains||Mussoorie (Uttarakhand)|
|Hollywood of India||Mumbai|
|City of Castles||Kolkata|
|State of five rivers||Punjab|
|City of weavers||Panipat|
|City of lakes||Srinagar|
|Steel city of India||Jamshedpur (Called Tatanagar)|
|City of temples||Varanasi|
|Manchester of the north||Kanpur|
|City of Rallies||New Delhi|
|Heaven of India||Jammu & Kashmir|
|Boston of India||Ahmedabad|
|Garden of spices of India||Kerala|
|Switzerland of India||Kashmir|
|Abode of the God||Prayag (Allahabad)|
|Pittsburgh of India||Jamshedpur|
1. What is the Nick name of Amritsar?
Ans: Golden City.
2. Which is the Manchester of India?
3. Which is the City of seven island?
4. Which is the Queen of the Arabian sea?
5. What is the Nick name of Bangalore?
Ans: Space city.
6. Which City is called Garden of India?
7. Which is the Silicon valley of India?
8. What is the Nick name of Jaipur?
Ans: Pink city.
9. Which is the Gateway of India?
10. Which cities are called Twin city of India?
11. Which city is called City of festivals?
12. What is the Nick name of Pune?
Ans: Deccan Queen.
13. Which city is called City of building?
14. Godavari is Known as –
Ans: Dakhshin Ganga.
15. Which is the old Ganga of India?
16. Which is the Egg bowls of Asia?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh.
17. Madhya Pradesh as Known as –
Ans: Soya region.
18. Which is the Manchester of the South?
19. Which is the city of Nawabs?
20. Which is the Venice of the east?
21. Which is the Sorrow of Bengal?
Ans: Damodar river.
22. Which is the Sorrow of Bihar?
Ans: Kosi river.
23. Nilgiri as known as-
Ans: Blue Mountains.
24. Which is the Queen of the Mountains?
Ans; Mussoorie (Uttarakhand).
25. What is the Nick name of Ganga?
Ans: Sacred river.
26. Which is the Hollywood of India?
27. What is the city of Castles?
28. Which is the State of five rivers?
29. Which is known as City of weavers?
30. Which is the city of lakes?
31. Which is the Steel city of India?
Ans: Jamshedpur (Called Tatanagar).
32. Which is known as City of temples?
33. Which is the Manchester of the north?
34. New Delhi as known as-
Ans: City of Ralies.
35.Which is the Heaven of India?
Ans: Jammu & Kashmir.
36. Which is called Boston of India?
37. Which is the Garden of spices of India?
38. Which is the Switzerland of India?
39. Which city is called Abode of the God?
Ans: Prayag (Allahabad).
40. Which is the Pittsburgh of India?