GK Questions in English with Answers
Download 10,000+ General Knowledge Questions and Answers PDF
Topics : Static GK, General Awareness, Current Affairs, GS MCQ, Geography, Indian Polity, History
GK Questions In English with Answers-General Knowledge
GK Questions On General Science -GS MCQ
GK of Geography-GK Questions on Geography-Geography Quiz
GK on Indian Polity-Polity GK Questions-Polity GK Quiz
General Knowledge Questions
1. Who was crowned with “Miss India” worldwide title for 2016 ?
Ans- Kareena Kohli
2. Who said, “fools Rush in where Angels fear to tread ?”
Ans- Alexander Pope
3. The famous work of Leo Tolstoy is ?
Ans- War and Peace
4. The Arab invasion of Sindh took place in ?
Ans- 712 A.D
5. James James Bond is a character created by
Ans- Ian Fleming
6. India liberated Goa from the Portuguese in ?
7. Who was the founder of Saka era ?
8. India Fragile Borderlines is the book written by
Ans- Archana Upadhyay
9. Which is the place of worship of Jews ?
10. Most populated state in India ?
Ans- Uttar Pradesh
11. Which is the religious book of the Parsis ?
Ans- Zend Avesta
12. Which is the India’s first nuclear submarine ?
Ans- INS Arihant
13. Which one is not a fundamental right in the constitution of India ?
Ans- Right to Property
14. Where are tanks manufactured in India ?
15. What is the lowest commissioned rank in the Indian Air Force ?
Ans- Flying Officer
16. Which is the oldest mountain range ?
17. Which religious segment in the population of India enjoys the highest literacy rate ?
18. To which density did Ashoka belong ?
19. Who is the first British Governor General of India ?
Ans. Lord William Bentinck.
20. The first person to receive Jnanpith award ?
Ans. Sri Sankar Karup.
21. Who is known as “Guruji” ?
Ans. M.S. Golwalker.
22. Mrs. Sarojini Naidu is known as –
Ans. Nightingle of India.
23. Who is known as “Father of Nuclear Physics”?
Ans. Emest Rutherford.
24. Who wrote the book “I Follow The Mahatma Idols”?
Ans. K.M. Munshi.
25. Who wrote the book “India Wins Freedom”?
Ans. Abul Kalam Azad (First Education Minister of Free India).
26. “The God of Small Things” is a famous book which is written by –
Ans. Arundhati Roy.
27. Where is headquarter of World Health Organization (WHO) is located?
28. Where is headquarter of International Monetary Fund (IMF) is located?
Ans. Washington D.C. (USA)
29. Which is the first Indian satellite?
Ans. Aryabhatta ( was launched on April 19, 1975 from Baikanur.
30. Which is the famous intelligence agency of Israel?
31. “Wheel” is the symbol of?
32. The famous dance of Karnataka is?
33. The famous dance of Bihar is?
34. The famous dance of Kerala is?
35. Famous dancer Birju Maharaj is related with which dance?
36. Famous artist Hari Prasad Chaurasia is related to which instrument?
37. Famous artist Ali Akbar Khan is related to which instrument?
38. Which Battalian is known as “Mahila Battalion” in India?
Ans. 88th Battalion of CRPF.
39. Who is the first Indian Novel winner in physics?
Ans. Dr. C.V. Raman.
40. Name of the highest civilian award of India?
Ans. Bharat Ratna ( was instituted in 1954).
41. Name of the highest military decoration award of India?
Ans. Param Vir Chakra.
42. Name of the first non-citizen of India who get Bharat Ratna award in 1987?
Ans. Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan.
43. Who get first Param Vir Chakra award?
Ans. Major Som Nath Sharma in 1947.
44. Lady Ratan Tata Trophy is related to which sport?
45. Agha Khan Cup is related to which sport?
46. Which is National Sport of Canada?
Ans. Ice Hockey.
47. The term “Jockey” is related to which sport?
Ans. Horse Racing.
48. Who is known as “Flying Sikh”?
Ans. Milkha Singh.
49. Name of the World largest Political party is?
Ans. Bhartiya Janta Party, India (BJP).
50. Name of national emblems of India?
Ans. Lion Capital.
GK Questions in English with Answers