Searching for Periodic Table Atomic Mass MCQ PDF and The Periodic Table PDF then great, you are in right page. You can find here all Periodic Table of Chemistry Questions with Periodic Table Chart.
The Periodic Table Atomic Mass MCQ | The Periodic Table PDF
|Related Post :|
1. MCQ on Atomic Structure
2. Motion Class 9 Question Bank PDF
3. Electricity 10th Class Notes
4. Objective Questions On Genetics
Hello guys, welcome to www.gkquestionspdf.in, a Free Study Materials downloding website. To download all types of GK, GA, GS, CA in PDF keep visiting.
In this article we have discussed all about Periodic Table Elements. Here you get all Periodic Table Properties with charges, definition, periodic table history, periodic table blocks and all most all Important Questions of Periodic Table of Science.
⇓To Download Periodic Table (total elements) PDF and Periodic Table Atomic Mass PDF Scroll Down ⇓
Periodic Table by Atomic Mass with Atomic Number
You can also able to Periodic Table in PDF Download (Mendeleev and Periodic Table Long Form ), Download Important Questions in PDF from this topic and many more.
When we start reading this chapter, the first question which knock our mind that “What Periodic Table”. That’s why, we start our chapter at first with answering this doubt.
→Periodic Table Definition Or What is Periodic Table (Mendeleev’s)?
Mendeleev’s Periodic Table is the tabular representation of Mendeleev’s Periodic Law or The table which is created based on Mendeleev’s Periodic Law is called Periodic Table.
Now another question comes out from this answer that is –
→What is Mendeleev’s Periodic Law ?
The law which states that the physical and chemical properties are the periodic function of their atomic masses
→What is Modern Periodic Table ?
It is a tabular form of Modern Periodic Law or based on Modern Periodic Law.
Now a doubt comes out from the above answer that is about Modern Periodic Law. So,
→What is Modern Period Law ?
That is the physical and chemical properties of the elements are the periodic function of their atomic numbers.
100+ Periodic Table Questions (MCQ)
1. How many elements are presently known by human ?
Ans. 118 . Out of which 98 are natural and remaining are artificially.
2. What is the main motive to discovered Periodic Table ?
Ans. To make the study of all elements more convenient, systematic and easier.
3. Dobereiner Triads law is based on which property of elements?
Ans. Chemical properties only.
4. Newlands Octaves law is based on which property of elements?
Ans. Increasing order of their atomic weights only.
5. Mendeleev’s Periodic Law is based on which properties ?
Ans. Increasing order of Atomic Mass or Atomic Weight (Physical and Chemical properties).
6. How many groups has in Mendeleev’s Periodic Table ?
Ans. It’s 8 (vertical columns).
7. How many periods has in Periodic Table of Mendeleev.
Ans. 7 (horizontal rows).
8. Which group is absent in Mendeleev’s Table?
Ans. It is 0 , the inert gas table.
9. Name of the element which has no fixed position in Old Periodic Table (Mendeleev) is ?
Ans. Hydrogen (H). It has two position in table i.e. Group 1 and 17. Most possible position is 1.
10. How many elements were discovered at a time when Mendeleev was composing the periodic table ?
Ans. 63 elements.
11. Who made the Modern Periodic Table ?
Ans. British chemist Moseley in 1913.
12. Who discovered that atomic number is the most fundamental property ?
13. Modern Periodic Law is based on which properties ?
Ans. Atomic Numbers (Physical and Chemical).
14. Which isotopes of hydrogen has no neutron ?
15. Hard water is harmful for boilers, why ?
Ans. The salt present in hard water deposit in the inner surface of boilers and decrease the efficiency of boilers.
16. What is the role UV (ultraviolet) radiation in the water purification systems ?
Ans. It inactivates or kills the harmful microorganisms in water.
17. What is used as rocket fuel ?
Ans. Liquid hydrogen.
18. Long form of periodic table or Bohr’s table is based on –
Ans. Bohr-Burry concept of electronic configuration.
19. How many group has in long form of periodic table ?
Ans. 18 groups.
20. Period 1 is called ?
Ans. Very short period. It has 2 elements (H, He).
21. Period 2 and 3 is called ?
Ans. Short periods. It has 8 elements.
22. Period 4 and 5 is called ?
Ans. Long periods. It has 18 elements.
23. Period 6 is called ?
Ans. Very long period. It has 32 elements.
24. Which period is incomplete in long form of periodic table ?
Ans. Period 7.
Modern Periodic Table 118 Elements Chart Download
25. What type of change happen with valence electrons on moving from left to right in a period ?
Ans. The number of valence electrons in elements in increases.
26. What type of change happen with Valency on moving from left to right in a period ?
Ans. Increases from 1 to 4 periods and then decreases to 0 periods with respect to hydrogen.
27. What is the atomic number limit of Lanthanoids elements ?
Ans. It is 58 to 71.
28. What is the atomic number of Actinoids elements ?
Ans. It is 90 to 103.
29. Which block elements are called inner-transition elements ?
Ans. f-block elements (Lanthanoids and Actinoids elements).
30. What is Ionization Enthalpy ?
Ans. It’s the minimum energy required to remove an electron from an isolated gaseous atom of an element to form a positive ion.
31. What is Electron Gain Enthalpy ?
Ans. It is the energy released by an element when an extra electron is added to its neutral gaseous atom.
32. What is Electronegativity ?
Ans. It is the ability of an atom to attract the shared pair of electrons towards it.
33. What is Metallic Character of elements ?
Ans. It is the tendency of an element to form cation by the loss of electrons.
34. Group 1 of the periodic table is known as ?
Ans. Alkali metals (except H).
35. Group 2 of the periodic table is collectively called as ?
Ans. Alkaline earth metals.
36. Groups 3 to 12 of the periodic table is collectively known as ?
Ans. Transition Metals.
37. Group 11 of the periodic table is known as ?
Ans. Coinage Metals.
38. Group 16 of the periodic table is known as ?
39. Group 17 of the periodic table is known as ?
Ans. Halogen ( sea salt maker).
40. Group 18 of the periodic table is called as ?
Ans. Noble Gases or non-active elements.
41. s- and p-block elements are collectively called ?
Ans. Representative elements.
42. d-block elements are called ?
Ans. Transition elements.
43. Hg, Zn, Cd are placed in d-block in table, so this metals are known as ?
Ans. Hg, Zn, Cd are in d-block elements but this are not the transition metals.
44. Name of the element which is placed in s-block but not the metal ?
Ans. Hydrogen (H).
45. What is Nascent Hydrogen ?
Ans. In the process of chemical reaction, suddenly emerged hydrogen is called Nascent hydrogen.
46. What is Atomic hydrogen ?
Ans. The hydrogen obtained by the decomposition of molecular hydrogen, is called atomic hydrogen.
47. What is Ortho hydrogen ?
Ans. The form of hydrogen in which nuclei of the atoms of the molecular hydrogen revolve in the same direction, is known as Ortho hydrogen.
48. What is called Para hydrogen ?
Ans. The form of hydrogen in which nuclei of the atoms of the molecular hydrogen revolve in the opposite direction, is called Para hydrogen.
49. Name of the all isotopes of hydrogen are –
Ans. Protium, Deuterium (heavy hydrogen), Tritium.
50. Who invented heavy hydrogen ?
Ans. Urey Brickwedde and Murphy in the year 1931.
Long Periodic Table From 1 to 20 with Atomic Numbers.
51. Name of the highest electronegativity element in periodic table is ?
Ans Fluorine (F).
52. Valency of alkali metals is ?
53. Valency of alkaline earth metals is ?
54. Valency of halogen elements is ?
Ans. This type of metals valence is 7. So, the valency is (8-7) =1.
55. Cs is known as which type of element ?
Ans. Alkali metals.
56. Bromine (Br) is known as which type of element ?
Ans. Halogen element.
57. Copper (Cu) is known as which type of element ?
Ans. Coinage metal.
58. Sulphur (S) is known as which type of element ?
59. Argon (Ar) is known as which type of element ?
Ans. Noble gases.
60. Name of the only liquid metal which is known as transition metals is ?
Ans. Mercury (Hg).
61. Covalent radius is measured by which machine ?
Ans. Picometer (pm).
62. In which group number’s metals are smallest in atomic radius in periodic table ?
Ans. Group 17.
63. Number of electrons of helium is ?
64. Lowest electronegativity element in periodic is ?
Ans. Cesium (Cs).
|Characteristics||Period Wise Change||Group Wise Change|
|Atomic Radius||Left to Right = Decreases||Up to Down = Increases|
|Ionization Power||Left to Right = Increases||Up to Down = Decreases|
|Electronegativity||Left to Right = Increases||Up to Down = Decreases|
|Oxidation Tendency||Left to Right = Increases||Up to Down = Decreases|
|Reduction Tendency||Left to Right = Decreases||Up to Down = Increases|
Moseley Periodic Table 1 to 30 Elements with Atomic Number
65. Name of lightest element (non-metal) is ?
66. Name of heaviest element is ?
67. Name of lightest metal is ?
68. Name liquid non-metal is ?
Ans. Bromine (Br).
69. Name of the best conductor metal is ?
70. Which is the best non-metalic conductor ?
Ans. Graphite (an allotrope of carbon).
71. Which is the most ductile and malleable metal ?
72. Name of the most reactive metal is ?
73. Most reactive non-metal is ?
74. Which is the highest ionisation potential element ?
75. Which is the lowest ionisation potential element ?
76. Which metal having highest melting point ?
77. Which element having highest electron affinity or electron accepting tendancy ?
78. Most electronegative element is ?
79. Which is the strongest oxidant element ?
80. Which is the strongest reductant element ?
81. Monoatomic gases are –
Ans. All noble gases or inert gases are monoatomic.
82. In which group in periodic table, all elements are in gaseous form ?
Ans. Zero group (0).
83. Which element are present in bones and teeth ?
84. Name of the element which is stored in kerosene oil ?
85. Most poisonous metal in the world is ?
86. The element whose position is anomalous in the periodic table is ?
87. The cause of periodicity of properties is ?
Ans. The recurrence of similar outer electronic configuration.
88. An element with atomic number 36 belongs to the –
Ans. It is Krypton. It belongs to the p-block.
89. Which group of periodic table contains no metal ?
Ans. Group 13 (Halogen).
|Modern Periodic Table||Moseley|
|Father of Periodic Table||Mendeleev|
91. The first element of rare earth metals is ?
Ans. Cerium (consists of Lanthanoids and Actinoids).
92 Atomic number of Zn is ?
Ans. It is 30.
93. Atomic number of Calcium is ?
94. Valency of Na is ?
Ans. Electron distribution of Na is 2, 8, 3. So valency of Na is 3.
95. Calculate Valency of O (oxygen) –
Ans. Electron distribution of O is 2, 6. So it’s valency is (8-6)= 2.
96. Atomic number of Copper (Cu) is ?
Ans. It’s 29.
97. Valency of Cu is ?
Ans. Atomic number is 29. Electron distribution is 2, 8, 18, 1. So, Cu valency is 1.
98. Which is the element of atomic number 117 ?
Ans. It’s Ununseptium. Recently discovered this heavy chemical element which is a member of group 17 in long table.
99. What is Electron Affinity (EA) ?
Ans. The energy released during the Electron Gain Enthalpy process is called electron affinity. It is increases across a period from left to right.
100. How many groups has in Moder Periodic Table ?
Ans. It’s 18 groups.
101. Arrange it according to increases of atomic radius – S, Na, Cl, Al, Mg, P, Si.
Ans. Na > Mg > Al > Si > P > S > Cl.
Did it help you ? Comments please. We tried our level best to make most important question on Periodic Table Atomic Mass and The Periodic Table PDF.
Great Russian Scientist Dmitri Mendeleev in the year 1869.
Atomic mass of a single atom is total number of Protons and Neutrons. For ex. let, atom A has 6 protons and 7 neutrons, So the atomic mass of atom A is (6+7) = 13.
Heaviest element by nature is Uranium. It’s atomic number is 92 and atomic weight 238.0289. Artificial Heaviest element Ununseptium. Its atomic number is 117.
The last element is Lawrencium. Its atomic number is 103